Wireless problem in Toshiba laptop

kwj8ten

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
My computer wouldn't connect to my home wifi ?? so I started looking. I didn't know (then) that Fn f8 turned wifi back on -the troubleshooter said it was off, so I tried too hard and uninstalled one of the drivers. Hence I couldn't reinstall with wifi. How do I fix that!! Computer still works fine on it's own though. Help please!!!

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
If you have access to a different computer (friend/family) use it to download the Toshiba's wifi drivers to a flash drive then use that to load the drivers onto your laptop. Or you can restore the computer to factory settings which should restore those drivers but that will cause all your current files to be deleted (although you can put all your files onto the flash drive then do the restore).

G

Hello, You can buy an USB-Ethernet or Wireless USB adapter, however I would first check under your root (c:/) drive for a folder called (drivers,toshiba, etc) click on it, If you see the a folder called network,etc. I would open up device manager and select the wireless missing driver and right click and select Update Driver, then click "Browse my computer for driver software" and navigate to that folder (ie. drivers, Toshiba, etc). If this doesn't work, try opening cmd (command prompt) and typing "wmic csproduct" to get serial, device, etc information and on another computer go to http://support.toshiba.com/ and enter serial #. Hope this helps.