Wireless speaker insignia

gizmotlt7

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I want wireless speakers or speaker, for my insignia tv that is 5 years old . I am hard of hearing so I need a speaker to sit close to me so I can hear the tv without turning it up so loud. Thanks

Solution
The Bluetooth transmitter they sold you will only work if the TV has a headphone or analog audio output. The one linked to above will work with an optical audio output too. That's the most common type of audio output on TVs. You will need a toslink cable to connect it to the TV.
Then you need any bluetooth wireless speaker. Why did the sell you wired speakers? Who knows.
You want a speaker that doesn't need to be loud to be clear so if you can audition them turn the volume down and listen for how well you can understand dialogue.
Check the TV manual on how to use the audio output. You may need to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output to PCM stereo to get it working.

gizmotlt7

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
We bought aluratek Bluetooth universal audio from Best Buy with Logitech s120 speakers but the speakers weren't wireless so we returned both. They didn't seem to understand what we needed. I am assuming that we need the Bluetooth to plug in the TV and have Bluetooth enabled speakers to sync together. Since my husband is hard of hearing we were wanting to get a small speaker to put on the table next to where he sits. Is that possible?

The Bluetooth transmitter they sold you will only work if the TV has a headphone or analog audio output. The one linked to above will work with an optical audio output too. That's the most common type of audio output on TVs. You will need a toslink cable to connect it to the TV.
Then you need any bluetooth wireless speaker. Why did the sell you wired speakers? Who knows.
You want a speaker that doesn't need to be loud to be clear so if you can audition them turn the volume down and listen for how well you can understand dialogue.
Check the TV manual on how to use the audio output. You may need to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output to PCM stereo to get it working.

Solution