Wirn and subscription.

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Can I use the WIRN thing (or otherwise), to put guide data into an
RPTV, without having the service?

What about one of the older ones that included full service, could I
openly manually feed guide data to that, without service fees?


On average, lets say for a 40 Hr unit that can do what I want
(Feed Canadian guide data, no service fee, rip using DVArchive,
commercial skip), what would I pay?

I just pieced together an S1 Tivo (bougt as-as for $50US), and a new
HDD., and can feed it with Canadian gude data with no service fee to
Tivo, and would like to do something similar with a Replay.

I am in Canada, if that matters.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Gary Tait wrote:
> Can I use the WIRN thing (or otherwise), to put guide data into an
> RPTV, without having the service?

No
>
> What about one of the older ones that included full service, could I
> openly manually feed guide data to that, without service fees?

No
>
>
> On average, lets say for a 40 Hr unit that can do what I want
> (Feed Canadian guide data, no service fee, rip using DVArchive,
> commercial skip), what would I pay?
>
> I just pieced together an S1 Tivo (bougt as-as for $50US), and a new
> HDD., and can feed it with Canadian gude data with no service fee to
> Tivo, and would like to do something similar with a Replay.
>
> I am in Canada, if that matters.
>
>


----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv,alt.dss.hack,alt.dss,alt.dss.tech (More info?)

in article bk38909v0haognksahnffl5fdh6dc4mjmk@4ax.com, Gary Tait at
classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid wrote on 5/1/04 4:03 PM:

> Can I use the WIRN thing (or otherwise), to put guide data into an
> RPTV, without having the service?
>
> What about one of the older ones that included full service, could I
> openly manually feed guide data to that, without service fees?
>
> I am in Canada, if that matters.
>
>
Are you the same Gary Tait that gives everyone hell about hacking Dave in
the alt.dss groups? If so, you got some nerve asking about how to get around
service charges for ReplayTV. What a loser!

If not, forgive me.

BTW: To answer your question, NO.


_______________________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
valentinalucia Streaming Video & TVs 17
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
F Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 1
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 13
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 16

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS