Wishing for a White Christmas? Google Will 'Let it Snow'

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It must snowing in one of the heads at Google.... Cos I can't see anything, or maybe then you need a HD7990 or a 590 to actually render the dainty snowflakes.....

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
did you see the snow thing on youtube
on all videos there's a snow flake on the bar thing, if you click it'll start to snow on the video, doesn't stop if you pause

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I have IE9 and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Firefox Nightly. It works in all browsers, except for IE9. Just go to Google.com, and type this: let it snow

nukemaster

Distinguished
Snow at 2x the power use of regular Google(100 watts on my media center vs under 50). hell its still 20 watts more consuming then the tomshardware.com home page and near 2 the power of reading the article it self.

Is that done with HTML 5? I though it was supposed to save power? Maybe its Firefox that is this way. Even the http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/home.html page used less power(while having the same peak usage).

This is a legit question.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
A few other things to bear in mind...

Once the screen has properly misted up, you will get a Defrost button, however it's more fun to hold down the left mouse button and draw or write in the condensation. Please note that no defrosted area will mist up again, and that you cannot use Google normally until you've clicked Defrost. In addition, this doesn't seem to work on my Gingerbread phone with the built in browser, Firefox or Opera Mini. Not exactly surprised, though.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Thanks for this Jane. Merry Christmas every body :)

p.s. I have my quad-core ready in case my dual-core gets stuck on the ice he he.

Status
Not open for further replies.