won't turn on on battery

Jul 13, 2018
my acer aspire won't turn on on battery. when i connect the charger it turns on and everything looks good. battery showing charging. but battery percentage always be 49%. It does not turn on without charger connected to it.
help me please

Solution

Well, it depends. Batteries can up and fail for little or no reason. It could have taken a bump, got hit with a power surge, or was just weak from the factory and let go. They don't fail too often, but when they do they can either short out and refuse to work... or explode into flames because they are basically small bombs.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Chances are that you'll need a new battery. They aren't terribly expensive. Just google your laptop model number and replacement battery and there should be people willing to sell you new ones for less than $40. It sounds like that battery is beyond shot.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

Well, it depends. Batteries can up and fail for little or no reason. It could have taken a bump, got hit with a power surge, or was just weak from the factory and let go. They don't fail too often, but when they do they can either short out and refuse to work... or explode into flames because they are basically small bombs.

Solution