Work-around WIN8 doesn't recognize a second or third partition

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
I've installed a Linux O.S. on the second partition of this pendrive. After which, I discovered WIN 8, nor any WIN, will recognize a second or third...etc. partition on a pendrive. Is there a work around for this stupid act of MSWin? I want the second partition to be recognized. I tried, but was not able to assign the partition a "designation" (E, F etc. in WIN...sdb or sdc in Linux) What I want to do is be able to boot and operate the Linux O.S from that second partition. [WIN 8 on HDD--SanDisk Cruzer Glide 256Gb 3.0---1st partition // 200Gb (126 Gb used) primary, active 2nd partition // 33.56Gb (8Gb used -the Linux O.S.) primary, active and flag set to boot] Hope I can receive some good help?

THANX:(y)

Rick

69Rixter

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2015
what file format?
upload a screen shot of disk management to imgur and post the link here
RE: [I][B]rgd1101[/B][/I]

I regret I cannot display a screenshot of said pendrive.To answer "what file format?" that second partition would have been ext4...which MSWin does not recognize but which LM uses. I experienced such frustration that I deleted that partition. Tried to "install" (not live) onto a 32Gb 2.0 pendrive and that resulted in even more aggravation.(extreme lags, freezes, "ghost" D/l's) So, wiped that as well. I would like to have the Linux O.S. on the 256Gb 3.0 pendrive. I'd first, have to get MSWin 8(the O.S. on main HDD) to recognize that second partition, which I've found that no Windows, since Win7, does. Some are trying to help me with a work-around, but as yet, no positive results. At this time, I've had to revert back to running LM 19.1X "live". I'm all "ears" when it comes to solving the issue(s) I have concerning a full install to a pendrive.

THANX

Last edited by a moderator: