Work Laptop with Graphics Amplifier

scjohnson243

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Good morning experts. I am looking for a new "Work" laptop that I can use in an office setting. I would love to get something smaller and easier to carry around with me, but if POSSIBLE would love to get something that can handle some gaming (I play things like Titanfall and a few MMO's when I'm not at work). I currently have a huge samsung 17" laptop that plays everything fine, but its SO BIG its hard to carry around all the time... I came across an Alienware 13" with graphics amplifier, which looks like a great solution, execpt for all the alienware branding. If I coudl just get flat black laptop without all the bells and lights it would be great, I can throw it all in my backpack, bring it in boardrooms when we start meetings and when I get to the hotel hook up the graphics pack and play away (Smaller monitor, I know, but if I had to I could connect it to a big monitor)...

Do you know of any other laptops that offer something simular?

Solution
MSI does, but it is a fair bit more gaudy. I would like to take a moment though, and make an observation. I have an AW 14, and 17. BOTH are good looking machines. Go dark on them, and no one in the office will even notice the light points. I use mine in my office quite a bit. Those who know what it is, like it. Those who don't ignore it. Only when I forget about the lights do I get comments. Even then, it is mostly just questions about the machine. Your other option in an office environment, is to find a machine with the power you want, in a business form factor. The Lenovo W540 is fairly close to what you are looking for, though probably not quite the power you are seeking....

jimhood82

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
MSI does, but it is a fair bit more gaudy. I would like to take a moment though, and make an observation. I have an AW 14, and 17. BOTH are good looking machines. Go dark on them, and no one in the office will even notice the light points. I use mine in my office quite a bit. Those who know what it is, like it. Those who don't ignore it. Only when I forget about the lights do I get comments. Even then, it is mostly just questions about the machine. Your other option in an office environment, is to find a machine with the power you want, in a business form factor. The Lenovo W540 is fairly close to what you are looking for, though probably not quite the power you are seeking....

Solution