World of Warcraft Movie Lands "Source Code" Director

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I thought the Silent Hill movie was okay. Never played any of the games, so I don't know how it compares (a friend dragged me along to watch it). Another friend said that the Resident Evil movies were decent too. Oddly enough, he hadn't played any of the games either. I wonder if that is some kind of trend? Like, not having any expectations leading to greater enjoyment.

Did anyone see that Dead or Alive movie? I saw the commercial for it and couldn't stomach the notion of sitting through 90min of that. Was it as bad as it looked?

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
[citation][nom]unionoob[/nom]It's not just video game movies, but movies which are made after books, tend to be pretty terrible.Only way movie could work out if Blizzard will keep it's grip on project, and if something goes wrong they either fix it or even cancel.[/citation]

Huh?

Heres a list of successful movies based off books
Apocalypse Now
Silence of the lambs
Lord of the rings Series
Harry Potter Series
Walking dead tv series (comic book)
Batman, Spiderman, Xmen, etc.. all comic books
No Country for old men
The Shining
Schindler's List
Gulliver's Travels
Shutter Island
True Grit
Youth in revolt
127 hours
Kick Ass
Eclipse Series
etc etc etc......... A LOT of movies are based off books.
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Movie is going to come out when no one is playing WoW anymore...lol.[/citation]
12 million+ accounts, Cut that in half twice... that's still 3 million active. I'd say they are doing fairly well... far from no one playing.

fearless1333

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
[citation][nom]Memnarchon[/nom]I think this movie is 5 years late. At the moment, all the hype is lost, and probably when the movie will be ready, people will play "Titan"...[/citation]

Actually, if you factor in Blizzard "unforeseen delays" and their official statement that "it will be out 2015" optimistic estimates will put the release date at somewhere around 2100

Status
Not open for further replies.