World's First 3D Printing Pen is a Kickstarter Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Play-Doh was way ahead of its time with its 3D Play-Doh, imagine the possibilities of making things with Play-Doh, sky's the limit.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Uh, how is this a 3D pen?

from the looks of it I would still need to actually put together, whatever it is that is coming out of the pen, into an actual object.

Aren't 3D printers suppose to actually make the item, not the material that will be used?

TxTroy

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
The items it makes has to be out of a material, pcb, resin soaked powders, heated steel powders in wax forms etc. This uses pcb plastic the same as Maker-Bot and others, heated up and take new form. By hand you'll never be able to get the 1mm level of control like a 3 axis machine will, but this would be great for on the fly fabrication at a meeting etc.

This is really amazing!

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
Target market should be schools in my opinion, help kids expand their minds in Art classes and think outside the cube.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
One of these could be really handy for making custom fittings for all kinds of stuff. No, it'll never have the accuracy of a 3D printer. But they'll work great for jerry-rigging things.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
as an avid 40k player i am really interested in this just even as a way to add custom graphical touches to models. heck if you make have a steady enough hand and are a good enough drawer you could make some basic figures with this .

Status
Not open for further replies.