Would like to upgrade screen in lenovo x200

cia24

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
This 12.1 lenovo x200 is not the one with the swivel screen. The laptop is in excellent condition and I would like to keep it. The current screen which is good is 1280x800 I would like a higher resolution. I am having a hard time finding information on if a 1400x900 or better can go in this.

If anyone can find me a screen replacement that would be great.

Solution
I've never seen an X200 with a higher res screen, but the X200s came with a 1440x900 screen. Issue with that is that the higher res screen is an LED backlight which needs different hardware than the regular screen.

If you can't find anything on the web about someone swapping those screens and getting it to work, probably can't. I don't think buying a screen for that small an improvement with the chance of it not working and being stuck with a useless screen or even worse some connector breaking while you are trying to replace it.
I've never seen an X200 with a higher res screen, but the X200s came with a 1440x900 screen. Issue with that is that the higher res screen is an LED backlight which needs different hardware than the regular screen.

If you can't find anything on the web about someone swapping those screens and getting it to work, probably can't. I don't think buying a screen for that small an improvement with the chance of it not working and being stuck with a useless screen or even worse some connector breaking while you are trying to replace it.

Solution