Xbox One May Soon Get External Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
You say "may" like Microsoft themselves didn't confirm last year at E3 2013 in June that the console would accept user expandable storage for Xbox One content, just not at launch as it was a non-essential feature when games were sparse. User expandable as in, generic over USB 3.0, no proprietary BS - though they will offer Microsoft branded gear if you want to pay extra for less.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I have an X1, but am not that happy. MS messed up badly this time around (big time).
Problems:
1) No replaceable hard drive
2) Ugly design, I like square and solid, but this is just ugly (why doesn't the x glow green??)
3) No stinking DLNA support? WTF is this? For a multimedia machine that doesn't browse my 3500 movies on home server it's very sad. Very disappointed in this missing feature.
4) I only have basic cable, no HDMI support. Why? With more cord cutters MS should have considered a coax input for cable/antenna.
5) Too much emphasis on social features (which I don't use at all, I play games alone.
6) Hardware is underpowered big time. I can't tell much difference between 360 games
7) Why doesn't this think support 4k resolution? This fall I'm planning on a 4K 60" TV and these Ultra HD screens have been out for a while now. In a couple years the X.box is going to look like has-been technology

In general this generation of consoles sucks and are outdated before they even hit the shelf. There also are not many good games out yet. I can live with that for a while, but not all the other problems.

Kvally

Honorable
May 20, 2014
I have an X1, but am not that happy. MS messed up badly this time around (big time).
Problems:
2) Ugly design, I like square and solid, but this is just ugly (why doesn't the x glow green??)
3) No stinking DLNA support? WTF is this? For a multimedia machine that doesn't browse my 3500 movies on home server it's very sad. Very disappointed in this missing feature.
4) I only have basic cable, no HDMI support. Why? With more cord cutters MS should have considered a coax input for cable/antenna.
5) Too much emphasis on social features (which I don't use at all, I play games alone.
6) Hardware is underpowered big time. I can't tell much difference between 360 games
7) Why doesn't this think support 4k resolution? This fall I'm planning on a 4K 60" TV and these Ultra HD screens have been out for a while now. In a couple years the X.box is going to look like has-been technology

In general this generation of consoles sucks and are outdated before they even hit the shelf. There also are not many good games out yet. I can live with that for a while, but not all the other problems.

Problems:

I haven't been happier with a console:

1) Glad they are supporting removable storage devices that allow game installs, so I can take the HDD to a friend or family members house to play, unlike the PS4.
2) Best looking console design out there for us Home Theater fanatics. It fits in great in the living room.
3) Agreed that i needs DLNA
4) HDMI support isn't just for TV. It's for more devices than just a cable box. Why limit themselves to only a coaxial input, and why force people to spend more money on a coaxial input they would never use?
5) Many of us want even more social features
6) Hardware is very nicely powered, and destroys the power in the old Xbox 360
7) The console supports 4K resolution.

Every console generation is outdated before it hits the shelf. If it wasn't, a console would run you a $1000. Just get a PC then.

Status
Not open for further replies.