XFINITY on demand streaming not working with new MacBook Air

sdsnyder

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I bought a MacBook Air a week ago. I am connected to the internet and everything is working fine, other than Xfinity streaming and FX Streaming, which uses the Xfinity logon. My PCs work fine on those sites. I have contacted Apple support who advised Xfinity's security certificate is not "handshaking" with my laptop for some reason. I have contacted Comcast multiple times and they are pretty much useless as I keep getting blown off. I run Chrome as the browser, but have tried it with Safari and that does not work either. I have Avast as an anti-virus and have made that an exception. Anyone have any ideas?

Solution
After a lot of trouble shooting with Apple we determined that the issue was actually with Avast. Their webshield was blocking it even though the URL was listed as an exception. So the temporary solution is to turn off webshield when I want to stream from Xfinity. I have a ticket into their tech support. Apparently they need to install and exception on their end.

Thanks for your assistance.

UPDATE: 4/3/15 - I Was contacted by Avast who suggested I go to the preferences and uncheck IPv6 and scan secure connection. After I did that the streaming works without having to turn off Avast.

sdsnyder

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

I used the link you provided and my date/time are the same. I still can't stream from Xfinity's site or any network site that I have to use the Xfinity logon at.

sdsnyder

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
After a lot of trouble shooting with Apple we determined that the issue was actually with Avast. Their webshield was blocking it even though the URL was listed as an exception. So the temporary solution is to turn off webshield when I want to stream from Xfinity. I have a ticket into their tech support. Apparently they need to install and exception on their end.

Thanks for your assistance.

UPDATE: 4/3/15 - I Was contacted by Avast who suggested I go to the preferences and uncheck IPv6 and scan secure connection. After I did that the streaming works without having to turn off Avast.

Solution