Xiaomi Mi 4i is Slim, Cheap and Colorful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpin Lincoln

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
And slowly Smaller companies like this will triump over companies like Samsung, and Apple because they focus on packing great components into a phone with the intention of making it great for the consumer! I've seen so many underdog companies make phones with specs of the s5, s6 and iphone 6 for like 300-400 less! Just wait until these companies takeover!!!

rmse17

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
Their problem is the supply chain. I was looking for the m1 phone, and could not find it for sale until next get phones came out. Another phone that looked promising was the OnePlus One, which also was impossible to get without jumping through hoops of making videos until next get of phones came out.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Their problem is the supply chain. I was looking for the m1 phone, and could not find it for sale until next get phones came out. Another phone that looked promising was the OnePlus One, which also was impossible to get without jumping through hoops of making videos until next get of phones came out.
The One Plus phone is a borderline scam. Market a high-end phone at an exceptional price, but don't sell it until a year later, except for a few promotional devices to get publicity. The reason brands like Xiaomi isn't selling much outside China has probably more to do with that they're prioritising winning that market. It is after all the fastest growing market in the world.

Quixit

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Phones like this are so close to high-end that I doubt anyone would complain if something like this was the most powerful phone you could possibly buy. Just over $200 is a real steal.

edwd2

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
overpriced trash, im surprised westerners think this is a steal for $200. ???????????

Phones like this are so close to high-end that I doubt anyone would complain if something like this was the most powerful phone you could possibly buy. Just over $200 is a real steal.

high end lol? the 615 is worse than the cheaper 6752, and arguably even worse than the 600.

Daristor

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
The One Plus phone is a borderline scam. Market a high-end phone at an exceptional price, but don't sell it until a year later, except for a few promotional devices to get publicity. The reason brands like Xiaomi isn't selling much outside China has probably more to do with that they're prioritising winning that market. It is after all the fastest growing market in the world.

have you even check if you can get a oneplus one because as far as i know u can now get it without an invite

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Looks very nice with good specs! As long as they can keep the phone updated for at least 1 years, then I would totally buy one of these.

kooldj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
problem is companies like these cant reach the quality and service the giant companies offer...i have checked them alot, but their display/cam quality is shit compared to galaxy s series and iphones. display & cam is a number 2 feature after the performance users look for and no better u can find than the galaxy s series in display / cam quality department, they just blow away other competitors in this segment, let alone these chinese companies. than comes their service issue, apart from these chinese companies packing low quality risky chips, than their warr service is also horrible to claim. in software department although xiaomi claims to be super efficient but there are problems much more than the big giants..the big giants like samsung gives u a completely A1 device, although appearance and body department is a bit low but that too is for the customers value for money, and with Galaxy S6 one can opt for a complete A1 package of a smartphone which simply edges out every department, quite far from chinese companies.

mkreku

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
"Xiaomi seems to have taken some inspiration from the iPhone 5c's vibrant color options."

God, this is annoying. NO, XIAOMI DID NOT TAKE INSPIRATION FROM APPLE!!! Could you please stop regurgitating this BS?!

Xiaomi MI2 was released in August, 2012:
http://drop.ndtv.com/TECH/product_database/images/410201451438PM_635_xiaomi_mI_2.jpeg

The iPhone 5C was released in October, 2013, more than a year later!

Xiaomi has ALWAYS released colourful phones, but as soon as Apple releases a colourful phone, crap journalists everywhere believe every other brand is copying Apple. It's so tiresome.

mkreku

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

What you write just isn't true.

Xiaomi are known for supplying information about all the parts that make up their phones (unlike some other, bigger brands). The screens are absolutely excellent, made by Sharp and protected by Dragonglass or Gorilla Glass. They are always top-of-the-line. This is Xiaomi's main selling point: building excellent quality phones out of well-known brand parts and packaging it with their own excellent Android branch, MIUI.

The camera in Xiaomi phones is made by Sony. They are not shit, trust me. Not the absolute best, but certainly not the worst.

The "chips" you talk about are Qualcomm and Nvidia. Not exactly "low quality risky chips". Xiaomi released the first Tegra K1 equipped pad with the Mi Pad and one of the first Snapdragon 810 equipped phones with the Mi Note Pro. In fact, they use the exact same chips as Samsung (except the Exynos).

It is true that the warranties of Xiaomi are untested. But they have not yet launched outside of Asia, so I'm pretty sure you've never been in touch with their customer service. I've personally imported every phone I've owned from Xiaomi and I'm fully aware that customer service will be worse off because of it. Luckily for me, there have not yet been any problems with any of the phones I've been in contact with (MI2S, MI3 and Mi Pad).

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

To be honest getting a one plus wasn't exactly a hard task,1 forum post got the invite, and afterwards more invites kept getting sent, ended up with 7 people at my work using one plus one's now. The only reason they made it "invite only" was because they couldn't meet the demand due to limited production. The phone itself is legit and a pretty impressive piece of hardware considering the price.

The value was inline with google's nexus 4/5 offerings and the 'invite' system was as I said, a minute or two of work to get the invite.

ZeldaLink

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
I would hesitate to say they will trump Samsung any time soon. But they will likely become prominent underdogs, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.