Xperia Phones to Receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I read through this news article and felt this strange feeing like something was missing. Then I realized what it was, so I will add the required missing component to this post so that Mr. Islam will not lose his job:

"Unnamed sources are reporting that Apple may announce at today's event that they are not going to release a Jell Bean update on any of their current products."

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Why does it take so long for manufactures to release updates? I really like Android, but getting Jelly Bean the same time my GNex is getting Key Lime Pie is ridiculous. I think it has to do with every manufacture and phone provider wanting to customize their own launcher programs and bloatware. I really don't think that's what users want.

Why can't Samsung users install Touchwiz only if they want to? Every Android phone should be bare bones out of the box like the Nexus phones.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
at least Sony is giving updates unlike Samsung who won't update the Galaxy S/S+ because there shitty touchwizz won't fit in there with ICS. weaker hardware phones run ICS without any problrm .

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Nice to see that my free Sony Xperia ion is going to get the Jelly Bean update. For a free phone it does everything I needed out of a smartphone 720p screen and 12mp camera micro USB micro HDMI and a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.