XtremeNotebooks

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Doesn't this say it all?
girlpower.jpg

I couldn't find any independent reviews on them (but I did not exactly scour the internet either)

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Well, ok, I'll be more serious.

:arrow: That picture was right off their site
:arrow: I have never heard of them
:arrow: I can't find any reviews of their systems as they look like they are a Sager distributor meaning, they probably don't even touch these systems, in that case, they would be built by a 1'st tier distributor like Sager To further accentuate that point, check out this page on their site... where to get system specific drivers. It also speaks volumes as to their support capabilities.
:arrow: The WARRANTY INFO, when clicked on, opened in a pop-up window w/o scrollbars, and even with a 1920x1200 monitor I could read only a portion of it. After getting the page URL and opening it in my own browser window I found some interesting stuff... I usually refer to it as double-talk-legal-speak or weasel words.
:arrow: This was an interesting tid-bit in their warranty fine print,
Replacement parts will be provided by XNBS without charge and shall be either new or reconditioned or reassembled parts...
:arrow: The customer shall be responsible for all proper packaging, freight and insurance charges to XNBS’s authorized depot location.
:arrow: The following services are outside the scope of services...
_____ :roll: Modification, alterations, attachments or services made or performed by persons other than XNBS or its authorized service provider. Including the opening of the heatsink and CPU comprtments or any tampering evidenced by screw removal, component installation or removal...
_____ :roll: Use of equipment, programs, attachments or devices not approved by XNBS. I actually COULDN'T find the list of programs and equipment that XNBS approved though.
_____ :roll: XNBS or its authorized service provider shall use all reasonable efforts to perform services...
:arrow: I see no DEAD PIXEL guaranty. I have received 3 systems in the last month with dead pixels... They go right back to the distributor where do you think they go from there? Just had a customer get a dead pixel unit that I missed. Shipping both ways... my cost. DONE.
:arrow: Call these guys up and tell them you have one of their systems with ONE dead pixel. You'll find that FIVE DEAD PIXELS in certain parts of the nine quadrant notebook screen qualifies you as a dead pixel unit, not one dead pixel.

:?: Do I know these guys from personal experience?
:idea: No.

:?:Do I know countless other cookie-cutter distributors like them?
:idea: Yes.

Final thoughts:
If you're going to go to a 2'nd tier distributor to get your system... you might as well go to DELL, or Alienware.

This is from the brain of a K|N customer...
skully.jpg

vs. whatever the heck this is...
girlpower.jpg

Any questions?

That notebook looks like a "customized" Dell latitude. I know because my school ordered a hundred of them for our teachers. Who would do that to a laptop???? 8O

@ OP: I have never heard of that company, and I have heard of a lot of them (at least I have IMO). You are better off going directly through the manufacturer like Sager or Clevo than some no name company. Or go through Dell or HP or K|N who actually touch the laptop that you order. They seem like they only distribute the laptops after they are put together somewhere else.

ironhell

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
Actually, I did some research, and it turns out they contract out the painting job to an actual professional painting company (which makes sense, find someone who's actually good at painting).

Those are just the sample of laptops the painting company has painted (the template was provided by the painting company).

Xoticpc.com also uses the same painting company (that company also applies decals I think for a cheaper cost).

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Ok, I stand corrected, they get theri machines from Eurocom.
Same Eurocom that was defeated right here.

It is indeed strange that XoticPC and these guys would share a "custom paint company" as they have different 1'st tier distributors.

See, rarely (if ever) does a 2'nd tier distributor actually touch the machine (it is built by the 1'st tier distributor (in this case Eurocom, and in Xotic's case Sager). It makes sense that it would be the 1'st tier distributor that would send the machine out to be customized.

Regardless, I would never recommend paint on a notebooks since it is highly likely to be damaged and look pretty bad when it happens. Also, you have a resale issue. Go with a gaming skin, or if you do want something permanent, some sort of etching or branding.

This is never coming off, won't scratch, solvents won't remove it... it is not like paint it is branded into the surface, yet you cannot feel it. Since it is not recessed at all, f you want to cover it, then you can slap a skin or custom plate over the top and be done with it.

KN_%20wakizachi_f.jpg