Question Yahoo email filters not working?

Sep 24, 2022
I use Yahoo email and set filters to block regular spammers. This includes any that have "elm" in the senders' address (this is a regular spammer). However, despite saying these are to be transferred straight to the deleted folder, they still get through.
Is the Yahoo filter system flawed/unreliable?

Sep 24, 2022
I should have also mentioned, that each time I get an email from this spammer, I block it, but that doesn't work as it appears parts of the email address are changed although "elm" is always there.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
how do you send all the yahoo emails to gmail and then have gmail send the good ones back to yahoo? at this time i have gmail sending all my gmail to yahoo but is it possible to force all the email to gmail and them let gmail filter them and send back what gets thru?

i have filters set up in the basic yahoo email and what id id was just make a title called spammers and in that filter i just keep adding items for the spam i get. and i leave a comma and a space.
like this below so is that the correct format if now hwo should that format look?
Camplejeunesuit, camp,leaf filter,ACE Hardware. gummy bears, sale, cvs, perks, sale, congratulation,insurance,ed,erection,medicare,free,save,65,over,over 65,

i have the filter set for contains in the from the subject and the body and maos of the time yahoo will not let me save a new component to that above section. i click spam all day long and they just change a part and it gets thru. so i was under the understanding that i had to format them this way. maybe this is not correct. yahoo limits the to 500 filters and that can get filled up fast. i have had blocked email get booted out of the blocked section and then start getting thru again so that is why i want to add filters.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Forward your Yahoo mail to Gmail and use Gmail instead of Yahoo. You'll get better filtering that way.

You can setup on the Yahoo side or have Gmail retrieve your mail. Either way should work, unless something has changed in recent years that I am not aware of.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks can you tell me if i can send then to gmail and then back? at this time all my gmail gets forwarded to yahoo. i like yahoo better than gmail. and i use my yahoo email 100% of the time so i t is not going to help me by using my gmail at this point.

i have a yahoo tab pinned and it is set to filtering my inbox and i stll get some thru to my inbox. for my from question this is how i have it listed Angie's List, NerdWallet,ABC Shark Tank,dr. ozF𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚖 D𝚎𝚋𝚝 R𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚏 S𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜, LeafFilterOffer, list,Ace-Hardware,Hαrdɯαre,ins.auto, ACE Hardware. sale, cvs, perks, sale, congratulation.

i have that set to contains so i do not have to enter the other junk they put with the from field.

does this look like the correct format for the from category? it is hard to do the subject as that is confusing. and the same for the body as the scammers configure it to be confusing.

so my best bet is to catch the from field and have the filter use the words i can pick out of the from fields. they put all kinds of characters along with the actual words so i pick out the words and hope that is enough.

thanks.