*Yawn...Another "what laptop should i buy" post...

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
Ok, now I need a laptop. I really don't wanna go the noob route and get a dell or gateway...so what are my options?

ive looked at a few barebones/white boxes from MSI and ASUS...but I would end up spending too much money going that way.

what are your thoughts on fujitsu laptops? what about Sony?

any recommendations would be helpful. I don't want to spend more than a 1000 bucks. I dont care about gaming aside from some good MAME-age...i just need something light with good battery life that i can do all the usual noob crap that everyone else does...oh and war driving too haha.

lunyone

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I just saw an add in Office Depot for the the new dz8000 series laptop for $799, after $250 MIR and $150 instant rebates. The only thing that you'll have to spend 1,050 initially to get it and wait for the rebates to come in. I believe the sale is over on 3/19/06.

You can customize the laptop in the store from their kiosk (computer order center). I believe there is a shipping charge added. The laptop has quite a few nicities, 17" WXGA, 512MB RAM, ATI x200M (128 dedicated RAM), number pad built in, Karmon audio speakers, etc. So if this fits your bill than I would definately log onto or go into Office Depot.