Yes! A Real, Stringed Guitar for Rock Band 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiggs77

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
This is quite nice. Rock Band just went from a toy to a learning tool, and it will most likely be way more fun than guitar lessons.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It's about time and makes these sort of games really worth playing now. I never liked the idea of simply just pressing buttons at the right time and calling it a game. But now that it actually could teach people how to play instruments its much more appealing and I would consider getting it.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Now I would go for this for the kids as long as it demands that the actual chords are played. Or even easier ones to work you up to the real thing.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Finally, a practical use for Rockband/GH. Pressing red red blue yellow red is not playing an instrument. This might be to music what Rosetta Stone (the software) is to learning a new language, and thus, be quite practical.

As for the 102-key controller, you mean a standard computer keyboard? LOL.

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
now THIS is interesting, it would be awesome if they had some kind of adapter, so people could use their own guitars too

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
People still pay for these giant money vacuums called "rock band" and "guitar hero"??

UGH, I wish I was on the profit end. "Hey guys lets throw a new number on the game title add a few songs and swim in our 100 dollar bills! No developers required!"

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Finally, a practical use for Rockband/GH. Pressing red red blue yellow red is not playing an instrument. This might be to music what Rosetta Stone (the software) is to learning a new language, and thus, be quite practical.As for the 102-key controller, you mean a standard computer keyboard? LOL.[/citation]
Geez, I hope it's not as hard as Rosetta Stone, Russian is kicking my a$$ - I can say your dog is black.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]It's about time and makes these sort of games really worth playing now. I never liked the idea of simply just pressing buttons at the right time and calling it a game.[/citation]
Wait wait wait...
Isn't every game ever made just about pressing the right buttons at the right times?

Tmanishere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I'm not sure who they are marketing this besides the uninformed people or wannabes. There's much more to playing guitar than pressing down a fret and picking a string.

guantan

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
This might be the game that forces to buy an Xbox. I've played guitar for 12 years or so, mainly rhythm though. I will probably pick this up and finally try to get better at some lead guitar playstyle to mix in.

sumpm1

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
To repeat: FINALLY one of these games does something RIGHT!!! These games have always just been toys that made no attempt to link correct musical techniques with the musical gameplay. As a musician, I am glad that we finally have something like this; a great first step. Now get this on my Droid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.