Solved! Yes or no to CCleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
I note differences in advantages using Ccleaner, some say forget it, it slows dont pc. Your opinion will be valuable to me. Win 7/Office 2010/Firefox.THANKS

Solution
I say no. If you have problems that MIGHT be bad enough to make you think you NEED to use CCleaner, then what you REALLY ought to do is a clean install of Windows. CCleaner is a band aid, and sometimes it's a band aid that already has the germs pre-applied. If you weren't infected or sick before, you might be afterwards.

Some people swear by it, but most veteran builders, techs and enthusiasts I know all avoid it like the plague.

If you choose to do a clean install and you have installation media, I'd follow this guide to the letter.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

If you do not have installation media, then I'd suggest it might be time to upgrade, or at least try to, your system to Windows...
I say no. If you have problems that MIGHT be bad enough to make you think you NEED to use CCleaner, then what you REALLY ought to do is a clean install of Windows. CCleaner is a band aid, and sometimes it's a band aid that already has the germs pre-applied. If you weren't infected or sick before, you might be afterwards.

Some people swear by it, but most veteran builders, techs and enthusiasts I know all avoid it like the plague.

If you choose to do a clean install and you have installation media, I'd follow this guide to the letter.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

If you do not have installation media, then I'd suggest it might be time to upgrade, or at least try to, your system to Windows 10 and then do a clean install of THAT afterwards, as you WILL be able to download installation media for Windows 10.

What exactly is the problem you are having that leads you to believe you need to use CCleaner?

Solution

Kashimi

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
To me CCleaner is like a last step before I just wipe windows and do a clean install. If you can safely backup just the essentials such as photos, videos and music then do a clean install of windows, I'd recommend that more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.