Yet Another Droid Incredible Battery Life Fix

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmemory

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
It's not just about picking favorites, it is also about picking sides (good vs. evil; apple vs pear vs banana) as well as trying to desperately justify that yours is the biggest or best or fastest or vibrates the best etc. Man did it with just about anything, toys, cars, sports you name it. Its than never ending and if it was not there progress would arguably be much slower.

bjmarler

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
My Incredible would run dead in about 4 hrs doing nothing. I finally dug into several "task killer" programs and found that about 20 - 30 apps were invisibily running in the background constantly. As soon as I permanently killed them, my battery life went to normal. I can now get about 2 days of normal use on 1 charge. Even a day of pretty heavy use will last almost all day.

So for me, it was all the new apps I installed when I first got the phone that were running in the background. The free "task killer" program was not showing them. I finally found the app called "System Panel." It was the ONLY app that would show me all the "invisible" apps that were still running invisibly in the background and let me kill them. Once I killed them with System Panel, they stayed dead and the free "task killer" program could auto-kill them from them on.

Not sure why the free programs could not see the rogue apps, but my battery life is GREAT now.

Status
Not open for further replies.