YOGA 500 isnt turning on

Musa_5

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi.

Basically I was charging my portable charger using my Lenovo Yoga 500 (14IDB), the Lenovo itself wasn't plugged into a power supply and neither was it turned on. I didn't know that the portable charger had become faulty. Later on I tried turning my laptop on but it wasn't turning on, I tried many things such as removing the cables etcetera but it didn't work but the white LED light was showing on the sides, later I tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds and even the LED light went. I did not remove the battery whilst pressing on the power button because the battery is in-built and I did not know how to remove it but yeah, now it's completely dead and I don't know what to do. Even the LED light is gone!!

Please don't bash me for my many stupidities. And secondly, does anyone know what happens when you press on the power button for 30 secs WHILST the battery is still in?

HELP!!!

Since the battery was still in, it won't do the intended purpose. Which is to remove any lasting power within the laptop itself (not connected by cord and no battery in) and also to reset the BIOS. Somethings the battery won't accept charging when drained all the way to 0, so this also helps with that issue.

Have you actually tried charging the laptop? Does it charge? If it says it is, then I would leave it for a good day before trying again.

If your laptop is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty, then I would really suggest trying the following, as it should fix your problem. Unless of course something was fried by the device you had attached, then that is a whole other issue.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Musa_5

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Hi, thanks for your reply. You're missing a few vital points, my laptops battery is in-built and I don't have warranty either. The other thing is, initially, the LED light was showing when I plugged the power cable in, before I pressed on the off button for 10 seconds whilst the battery was still inside, now there's absolutely no reaction even if I do plug the power cable in. I shouldn't have pressed on the power button for 10 secs whilst the battery was still inside. It's fully dead now.

Many newer laptops batteries are a pain to get to. They can be gotten to, it just takes effort. Unfortunately there is really no way around that, to test this option. There are many videos around on how to change out a battery on many laptops, so there may be one on yours.

Musa_5

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Hasn't worked man, maybe the Battery or the Motherboard has fried.

Musa_5

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

I know for sure the issue is with the laptop, not the adapter. Because the laptop was charging (although not working) before I pressed on the power button for 30 secs.