Yoga Pro 2 WiFi issues

Slageris

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Hello,

I have a problem with my WiFi . Couple days ago my laptop started acting weird and I decided to scan it with AVG, and clean up junk files with Revo uninstaller and CCleaner.

After I ran those programs, the computer started having more issues.

First issue was when I open chrome and try to go to couple websites, Chrome crashes and my Wifi goes down and says that there is no internet but I'm connected to my home's wifi ( same thing with school's wifi).

After that I decided to reinstall windows, it reverted back to Windows 8.1 but I was still having the same issue, the laptop would connect to the wifi but only for like 10 seconds and then it would not work again.

Before all of this everything was working fine, I also upgraded the wifi card with a dual band one that was recommended by other people and everything was working perfectly.

I tried:
Uninstalling drivers
Changing out the wifi card back to the old one
Bought USB wifi adapter, seems to be working but very slow connection and the internet also drops sometimes.

I have also noticed that when I have the wifi driver disable my computer has no issue shutting down/restarting, before it would take a very long to restart and I would just force shut down by holding the power button.

A couple of times I got a message that said something about the Power Driver State Failure (blue screen). I have researched and found out that I have to turn off power management so that the computer does not turn off the driver. The problem is still there.

Any help is appreciated, I have tried to bring back the laptop for the past 2 days and ran out of ideas and can't find any information apart from driver update.

Thank you,

Slageris

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Bump,

Right now I completely removed the wifi card from the laptop as it is pretty much unusable, makes the computer laggy and internet crash.

I'm using a cheaper wifi adapter to get me thru but I will be trying of removing the wifi card from my brothers laptop ( same yoga pro 2 ) and seeing if there is any difference or not.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks