Solved! Youtube Freezes When Playing Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Styker

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
I have 2 monitors and if im watching youtube then open, say Fortnite, youtube just stops and buffers and i have to refresh the whole page.

Specs:
I5-4590
gtx 1050 ti
8gb ddr3 1600 ram
650 watts

Solution

80Mbps is a very very decent internet connection. He does not say what else is running in the background so you cannot have a full picture of his internet traffic each moment. I have a 30Mbps connection and I can play Destiny 2 online without issues at the same time with other PCs in my network browsing the internet and...

Antonis117

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014

If it is that high as 80Mbps then there is no way that the game uses all that bandwidth.

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

80Mbps(Megabits) = 10MBps(Megabytes), there might be several other programs and background tasks taking up the bandwidth and 10MBps is not that fast if it is divided between 3 or more programs.

Antonis117

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014

80Mbps is a very very decent internet connection. He does not say what else is running in the background so you cannot have a full picture of his internet traffic each moment. I have a 30Mbps connection and I can play Destiny 2 online without issues at the same time with other PCs in my network browsing the internet and downloading. This issue can come from the router itself. If it cannot handle the traffic well it can bring down the whole network. He either have to limit the bandwidth to other applications/programs that run at the same time or he has to test his router and see how stable it is under load.

Solution

Max_Styker

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

No other programs, just youtube and fortnite.

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

even if no other programs are running visibly, there will be a lot of background task. Antonis, as default in windows most of the programs are granted access to to run in background. Open task manager and check the network usage by each program. and there should be an option to limit bandwidth in-game so why not do it?

Antonis117

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014

Almost every task running has internet access. Even though 80Mbps is waaay to much bandwidth to get a bottleneck from other tasks. You can limit the bandwidth of other tasks with a 3rd party software like NetLimiter. If the issue remains then I think that it is caused by the router.

Antonis117

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014

Yup with the ethernet he is gonna have way smoother connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.