Question Youtube videos randomly jumping forward and backward

CatsinQ

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
Hi all,
I need some advice on what might be causing this, and how to prevent it.

I will be watching a YT video on my laptop and it will suddenly jump forward or backward to another location in the [same] video. It is very annoying, if it is a drama I have to guess roughly how far along I was in watching it and try to find the exact same place to continue watching. If it is a how-to video or a lecture it can be REALLY time consuming to figure out where I was. It can happen multiple times in the same video, and sometimes it will jump to the exact same spot multiple times in a row. Also, less frequently, I will click on a new video and it will start playing from the middle. I have to move the slider to the beginning to start watching.

This does not happen on any other streaming site - like Prime video or an anime channel I watch. I noticed the issue over the last few weeks. I've changed nothing about my system.

I have a Dell Precision M4700, auto-updated Firefox, W10 Pro, and Nvidia Quatro K1000M. My internet provider is WOW. I also use UblockOrigin, and Adblock for YouTube. I have CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware installed, but those have been installed on the laptop for years with no issue. The laptop is only used for browsing the internet - no gaming.

Any insight into what settings I can change, or what might be interfering would be most appreciated.