Zuckerberg Paying Over $1.5B in Taxes Thanks to IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jecho

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Facebook is crap. Upload personal data about yourself. Real smart. Allow the government to monitor your life, really smart. People should boycott facebook.

brucen13

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
IPOs have had a tough time lately. Many planned IPOs were withdrawn during the past year and those that did launch didn't do as well as expected. Let's hope Facebook does better than the others.

A Standford dropout?

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
It's good to see the law is imposed for once so we don't see Zuckerberg pay zero taxes like other corporate weasals (Google, GE, etc) who blatantly try and do everything to pay as little taxes as possible, GE taking the cake for paying none at all.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]It's good to see the law is imposed for once so we don't see Zuckerberg pay zero taxes like other corporate weasals (Google, GE, etc) who blatantly try and do everything to pay as little taxes as possible, GE taking the cake for paying none at all.[/citation]

its sick to me that he has to pay anything close to that...

i dont like facebook but you know the only reason tax is being applied to him is because he is new to being rich, thats whats wrong about it.

while what some polititions only pay 13% if that

[citation][nom]rakesh_toms[/nom]Invest in companies that make something real![/citation]

sadly, those companies dont do well often lost 18k due to incopentance (not mine, people at the time managing my money) too... rather have my money in things that make nothing, because their value is largely base on what other people want it to be... you can somewhat guess when to go in and when to get out

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
1.5 Billion in taxes just goes to crooks. Give it to charity.

Although thats a crazy income tax bracket to be in. And what if the stock ftops, and owing all that tax?

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Wouldn't he be better off to make an holdings company and sell the shares cheap to the holdings company. ANd the holdings company pays 20% tax.

20% tax is more then enough for the crooks in government.

When government sees a fat tax bill come in, they always find a way for that money to disappear.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kevinf4ce[/nom]And how in the HELL do you consider facebook the center of the internet... jesus[/citation]
because its almost in as many places as google is.

jokemeister

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
No sympathy from me. He's so ridiculously rich he could spend $100,000 per day for the next 50,000 days before that $5B is gone. That's right people. Why any of you feel sorry for him is beyond me. That's more money than any one person could possibly ever need.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]So glad I left FB a while back and never looked back. Regardless of how much money he has that just stupid to pay that much in taxes. All you rich haters go ahead and vote for Obama and see what happens in 4 more years lol. No more USA. Dont hate the rich hate the game. Make your own money stop whining![/citation]
It's not hating on the rich, nor is it whining, nor is it jealousy. It's the fact that every day people pay more % of their income than these crooks who manipulate the field do. $1.5B is a lot, yes, but not a sum that would affect anyone who has so many billions. To give an example, if a person who earns 50k is taxed 15k, it would make a HUGE difference. Most of these corporations/crooks pay way less (in terms of % of earnings) than the average family does which is despicable.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]It's not hating on the rich, nor is it whining, nor is it jealousy. It's the fact that every day people pay more % of their income than these crooks who manipulate the field do. $1.5B is a lot, yes, but not a sum that would affect anyone who has so many billions. To give an example, if a person who earns 50k is taxed 15k, it would make a HUGE difference. Most of these corporations/crooks pay way less (in terms of % of earnings) than the average family does which is despicable.[/citation]
how is someone who worked for their money and made it legally but doesnt want to give 30-50% of it to a government that's going to spend it on a bridge to nowhere or a green company that goes bankrupt in a year a crook?

biscuitasylum

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
[citation][nom]JECHO[/nom]Facebook is crap. Upload personal data about yourself. Real smart. Allow the government to monitor your life, really smart. People should boycott facebook.[/citation]

Uh, yet here you are... online. Facebook is one of a million ways you can be monitored... Don't think just because you're not a member of facebook, you can't be monitored.

Governments have been monitoring people long long before Facebook or even internet.

Some wise words for you to wrap that little brain around,

Sometimes... its best for one to remain quiet... that way they don't confirm their own foolishness.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]It's not hating on the rich, nor is it whining, nor is it jealousy. It's the fact that every day people pay more % of their income than these crooks who manipulate the field do. $1.5B is a lot, yes, but not a sum that would affect anyone who has so many billions. To give an example, if a person who earns 50k is taxed 15k, it would make a HUGE difference. Most of these corporations/crooks pay way less (in terms of % of earnings) than the average family does which is despicable.[/citation]

Quite simply, it's the way the tax code works. Someone earning 50K likely earns an INCOME, so they pay INCOME tax. Lots of wealthy people who are worth and/or earn hundreds of thousands or millions/billions per year are often making that money from investments, retained earnings from owned businesses, dividends, etc, which have different tax rates. Anyone can try and find creative ways to avoid paying huge sums of money in taxes, but when you're wealthy, it's probably a lot more to your advantage to do so when there are millions on the line, vs saving a few hundred bucks when you're in the 50K income range. The U.S. gov't wastes ridiculous amounts of money as it is, and all they want to do is raise the debt ceiling and go further in debt. I wouldn't give them one thin dime if I had my way. No, I'm not wealthy, I'm one of those 50K income range guys, so I spend $9.95 to do my own taxes online b/c I don't want to pay an accountant a couple hundred bucks just to maybe save three hundred bucks, but if I were worth millions and I earned it myself, damn right I wanna keep it and not throw it away to the worthless gov't. I give what I choose to give to charities such as the V.A., Kidney Foundation, United Way and others, and that makes me feel better to help someone, not being forced to give away hard earned money to the gov't. As long as Zuckerberg or any other wealthy person isn't breaking the law and others suffer because of it, I could care less what he or anyone else pays in taxes or how they take advantage of the tax laws to reduce their tax debt. Good for them for beating a broken system.

sosofm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Better to move the company to Cayman island ,Liechtenstein , Monaco almost 0% taxes. He want to stay in US and want to pay taxes. The government take money from a few honest companies and give the money to others companies.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
"The Center of the Internet"? Pff, yeah right, only in his own twisted mind. The net would survive just fine if Facebook would hit the dirt face first (hah!), if anything Google is the center since the net is about finding information, and only Google (as the absolute dominant of all web crawlers today) allows you to do that properly.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
every 1 should pay there taxes not just the middle class. if you earn more than you should pay more... to many of the top 1% dont pay taxes. they are not only dodging there responsibility to the country that gave them the opportunity to make that money. they are stealing from there own pockets in the long run... if you create jobs your companies grow creating more wealth for you in the long run, but most of em want there money now... seriously whats the point of hoarding billions when you can never spend it... all your doing is depriving others and causing them to resent you...

Status
Not open for further replies.