Zygna Unveils Farmville 2: Farming in Three Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Perhaps I am misunderstanding this. Surely it doesn't mean 3D as in the current 3D trend right and just means a standard 3D game oppose to 2D. I simply can't imagine anyone who would want to play it projected in 3D. What casual gamer even has that set-up? What casual gamer would go out and pay for it just to play Farm-ville in 3D?

G

Simplicity of Farmville is what attracted most of its player base, making it 3D is a bad move if you ask me.

paradigital

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Call me crazy here, but according to all the screenshots I've seen, farmville IS already in 3D. Granted it's isometric 3D, using sprites most likely, but it's a form of 3D none-the-less.

No-one ever said that SIM City or Transport Tycoon wasn't in 3D, and they have a similar appearance.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom] making it 3D is a bad move if you ask me.[/citation]
Then, by all means, let us let them do that move. :)

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I think they mean polygon 3d. I'm not a fan, but if they do this using html5, it should be interesting from a tech perspective.

maqsabre

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
so zynga is resorting to another marketing gimmick, so that it can survive for more time,
it won't be long before people would realise that all you produce is nothing but life wasting bullcrap

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
The most useless company releases yet another pointless game. It's success is due to it's ability to exploit the brain's reward system by using classic and operant conditioning. This is a lovely for us humans to rejoice and gaze upon this marvelous use of resources.

FUCK YOU ZINGA YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT.

Amen.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]paradigital[/nom]Call me crazy here, but according to all the screenshots I've seen, farmville IS already in 3D. Granted it's isometric 3D, using sprites most likely, but it's a form of 3D none-the-less.No-one ever said that SIM City or Transport Tycoon wasn't in 3D, and they have a similar appearance.[/citation]
You're crazy.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Plasmid[/nom]The most useless company releases yet another pointless game. It's success is due to it's ability to exploit the brain's reward system by using classic and operant conditioning. This is a lovely for us humans to rejoice and gaze upon this marvelous use of resources. FUCK YOU ZINGA YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT. Amen.[/citation]
I gave you a thumb up not because of your use of profanity or your hate of a successful company, but because you understand WHY it's successful. Here, have a chocolate.

maqsabre

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Can my computer run Farmville 2?[/citation]
don't even bother to figure out whether it would work on your pc or not

nukemaster

Distinguished
The most useless company releases yet another pointless game. It's success is due to it's ability to exploit the brain's reward system by using classic and operant conditioning. This is a lovely for us humans to rejoice and gaze upon this marvelous use of resources.

FUCK YOU ZINGA YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT.

Amen.
You can not say it any better.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I think the reason why games like this are successful is because they trap their customers in; their customers cannot stop playing the game otherwise all the hours and hours of work they put into playing the game will have been a huge waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.