Zygna Unveils Farmville 2: Farming in Three Dimensions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Wait.. there were Farmville golden days? You mean that time when I was constantly deleting dozens of invites and other spam per day from my profile? That sure was golden!

azxcvbnm321

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Wrong folks. Farmville was and is successful because of social networking. How could you have a simple, run-down farm when your friends have great farms with cows and such? Thus the person will pay for premium stuff just to keep up with friends. That's why Farmville constantly bugs you to "share" your farm on Facebook.

The desire for social status is innate and can't be changed. People have to keep up with the Jones or else they'll feel shame. If your friends have nice farms, you must have a comparable farm.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]azxcvbnm321[/nom]Wrong folks. Farmville was and is successful because of social networking. How could you have a simple, run-down farm when your friends have great farms with cows and such? Thus the person will pay for premium stuff just to keep up with friends. That's why Farmville constantly bugs you to "share" your farm on Facebook. The desire for social status is innate and can't be changed. People have to keep up with the Jones or else they'll feel shame. If your friends have nice farms, you must have a comparable farm.[/citation]
I hate this kind of mentality. I hate that I have to spend 2 hours mowing my 1 acre yard on a regular basis, while sneezing with watery eyes (allergic to it) because if I don't, people think less of me. They'll drive by and say "Ugh, look at that couple who don't mow their lawn often, they must be slobs."

So trivial and pathetic! I think it's the same thing as you say with Farmville. Not that anyone would think less of them for having a run down farm, but they still feel they have to do it for social status.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Plasmid[/nom]FUCK YOU ZINGA YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT. Amen.[/citation]
Wow! Ummm ...your ex-girlfriend work there, or something? Word of advice -- decaffeinated brands are just as tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.