Zynga: New Hardcore Gamer is 40 and Female

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

define hardcore? people that play non stop or people that play competitive?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Farmville and mafia requires all your time if you want to get somewhere but please... call a webbased game hardcore LMAO!

Clever marketing thoo!

G

there are a lot of butt hurt nerds raging in this thread.

news flash, there were hardcore gamers before the Xbox and Mountain Dew, and there will be hardcore gamers after.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]greatsaltedone[/nom]That must be a very interesting definition of "Hardcore gamer" they have.[/citation]

My first thought was: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
To define "hardcore gamer" in this context is so far beyond laughable as to be hysterically laughable. This is the goofiest thing I have read in quite some time. Thanks for the chuckle....

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]My first thought was: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.[/citation]

Haha!!!! I was going to put that too.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Nico144[/nom].news flash, there were hardcore gamers before the Xbox and Mountain Dew, and there will be hardcore gamers after.[/citation]

Before it was Zelda and JOLT... miss those days....

old_newbie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Yeah, the definition of hardcore is a bit skewed. "Hardcore" is a bit more than time and money invested in playing a game. Its actually more of what you do when you are NOT playing the game.

When these chicks start going to social gaming conventions and shows, subscribing to magazines, buying soundtracks, displaying figurines, wearing T-shirts, etc....then we can start to talk about "Hardcore"

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Farmville isn't a game, it's just a distraction for your wife while she flirts with her old boyfriends on Facebook.

Stay Single. Don't say I didn't warn you.

G

i am glad i blocked all zynga games ..reading books worth million times better rather than spending any seconds on stupid zynga games.

Status
Not open for further replies.