Fortnite Battle Royale has got the graphics that some computers that are old school cannot handle perfectly. Since its players belong from all over the worlds, there can be many players who have old computers, but they want to play the game at good FPS, so for those players, this guide to graphics setting is created. People who have NVIDIA GPUs will be able to benefit from this guide. Just make sure to read all the steps carefully and follow them accurately.
NVIDIA GPU Settings:
Just like your in-game settings, it is imperative that you get your GPU settings right as well. So if you have a graphics card that is manufactured by NVIDIA then this post is just for you. Before editing the settings, make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date and your version of windows is updated as well. So with that being said, let’s move to the settings that you will be doing for optimal graphics and FPS.
- First of all, you need to go to the NVIDIA control panel by right clicking on the desktop and then clicking on the NVIDIA control panel button.
- Once you are in the control panel, you need to go to the “Manage 3D settings” tab.
- There, click on the tab that says program settings and then find Fortnite in the list of programs. If you cannot find it, then click on the Add button and then scroll down until you see Fortnite, and then click on it.
- Now comes the part where you will be making some changes. Firstly, set the Maximum Pre-Rendered frames to just 1.
- Set the Monitor Technology to G-Sync if you have got a monitor that is compatible to G-sync.
- Set your Multi Display/Mixed GPU acceleration to a single display performance mode.
- You will see the Power Management mode. Set it to prefer maximum performance.
- There will also be Vertical Sync, turn it to off.
- You will see thread optimization, enable it.
- Lastly, there will be Set Preferred Refresh Rate, set it to highest available.
- Once you have edited the settings, you will then need to apply the changes and close the NVIDIA control panel. Now open Fortnite Battle Royale and see the FPS. You will definitely see a big difference in the FPS.
The aforementioned settings are tried and tested on Fortnite Battle Royale and worked perfectly. Just make sure to read each and every step closely and then implement carefully.