How Can I Upgrade the Firmware on My Samsung Tablet?

How Can I Upgrade the Firmware on My Samsung Tablet?

After you have purchased your Samsung tablet, you might have noticed that on its cover box it is mentioned that it is upgradable to the next higher version of the android OS that is currently installed on the device. This means that when the device was manufactured, and the stock ROM was installed on it, the manufacturer somehow knew that the upper version of the stock ROM was about to release. Therefore the device was manufactured in such a way that it remains compatible with the upgraded firmware, without compromising its performance and efficiency after it has been upgraded.

If you are novice, and do not know what the firmware and the baseband is all about, upgrading the current firmware on your Samsung tablet to the newer version might be a nightmare for you. This section explains how easy it is to upgrade the firmware of your Samsung tablet, without going to the service center. After following this tutorial, you will be able to upgrade your Samsung tablet with the latest firmware right at your home, and also you will be able to help your friends and other relatives in upgrading the firmware on their Samsung devices.

To upgrade your firmware, you should have a few things already prepared/installed on your computer and Samsung tablet. Below is the list of the prerequisites:

• ■Samsung Kies must be installed on the computer that you wish to use while upgrading the firmware of your Samsung tablet. (Many Samsung tablets/smartphones display the Update software option when they are connected to a Wi-Fi network.)
    ■You should have an active Internet connection with minimum of 256 Kbps speed.
    ■The computer/laptop that you wish to use to upgrade your Samsung tablet must have decent battery backup. (Very important)
    ■Your Samsung tablet must have 60% or above battery life.
    ■Make sure that your Samsung tablet is set to the correct time zone.
    ■In some cases you might also need to enable the USB debugging mode by going to Settings > Developer options.

Once all the above mentioned prerequisites are met and verified by you, you can follow the steps given below to upgrade your Samsung tablet to the higher version of the firmware:

1. ■Connect your Samsung tablet to the computer using the connection cable that came along with the device.
    ■On the computer, double-click the Samsung Kies icon and wait till the application completely initializes.
    ■If you have initialized Samsung Kies for the first time after the installation, you will be displayed with a small box suggesting you to upgrade the firmware of your Samsung tablet if a new version of the firmware is available.

01-clickupgrade_tha_us_1376369612_w_600.JPG

■If somehow you miss the box mentioned in the step 3, you can still upgrade your Samsung tablet using Samsung Kies by clicking on the name of your device on the application’s interface in the left pane, and then clicking the Firmware upgrade button in the right.
    ■On the next box that appears, check I have read all of the above information checkbox.
    ■Under the Allow saving of information section, click to select the radio button as desired.
    ■Click Start upgrade button to start upgrading your Samsung tablet.

02-startupgrading_tha_us_1376369662_w_600.JPG

■Wait till the upgrade process completes, and the device restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.