How Do I Enable Handwriting-to-Text in S Note?

How Can I Enable Handwriting-to-Text in S Note?

S Note is a built-in app in almost all Samsung mobile phones and tablets that are lately released by the company. Since Samsung mobile phones and tablets allow the users to use stylus, the new S Note helps them take real-time notes by using the screen of the device as a paper. In other words, Samsung mobile phones and tablets can be considered one of the best alternatives to physical paper and pen when using S Note.

S Note offers many features such as using the stylus to write handwritten notes, write the formula symbols, draw arithmetic symbols using the stylus and use them for calculations, etc. These features make the Samsung devices attractive, feature enriched, and very easy-to-use.

As discussed above, the S Note, which is Samsung’s patent, allows users to use the stylus as a pen and the surface of the mobile phone or tablet as an alternative to the paper to prepare handwritten notes. In addition to this, users can also enable Handwriting-to-Text feature that automatically recognizes the handwritten characters and convert them to the typed texts.

By default, Handwriting-to-Text option is disabled in S Note, and every time users scribble their stylus on the screen of their Samsung devices, the handwritten characters appear. In order to convert the handwritten characters to the text, the feature must be enabled manually.

Below is the process that would help you enable the Handwriting-to-Text option in the S Note:

1. ■On your Samsung smartphone or tablet, tap the app drawer icon.
    ■Tap the S Note icon to initiate the app.
    ■On the displayed S Note screen, tap the + icon from the top right corner.
    ■On the Select a template window, choose the template of your choice from the displayed list by tapping on it.

01-opensnote_tha_us_1376332258_w_600.jpg

■Once created, long tap (tap and hold) the Formula Match icon, i.e. f(x), from the Productivity Tools bar at the top left corner.
    ■From the displayed options, tab Handwriting-to-Text icon, i.e. T, to select it.

02-selecthandwritingtotexttool_tha_us_1376332284_w_600.png

■You will see that now you can use the stylus to create handwritten characters on the page which are then automatically converted to the text.

03-testthetool_tha_us_1376332307_w_600.png

■In order to get the normal handwritten typing format back, you can simply tap the pen icon from the Productivity Tools bar.
    ■You can also follow the 5[super]th[/super] step and select the Formula Match or Shape Match icon to make the S Note recognize the formulas or drawn shapes respectively using the stylus and convert them to their corresponding objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.