How to Change Settings and Your Preferences in Netflix

Netflix is one of the world’s top rated online video streaming service. It started off slow 20 years ago but has over 130 million subscriptions now. Netflix generally updates monthly with new content for its viewers. You can watch anything you want on Netflix and Netflix will maintain a history for better suggestions in the future. Your activity is worked on an algorithm to understand it better.
There are a bunch of settings in the Netflix environment that you can alter and Preferences you can deal with. You can make changes that will fit your need of viewing Netflix. Here’s how to Change Settings and your Preferences in Netflix.

1. Open 'Netflix'
Go to https://www.netflix.com/ on your web browser or you can download the Netflix app from Play Store 'here'.
If Netflix is already Signed-in to one account, Sign out from the existing account from by hovering over the profile icon in top right of the webpage.

2. Click on 'Account'
Hover over Account icon and click on 'Account' from the drop down menu.
Account has a list of profile settings, settings and overall all settings that you can see and tweak for your better usage.

3. 'Membership and Billing'
Under 'Memberships & Billing' you can alter and edit 'Email', 'Password' and 'Phone Number'. This will keep your Account safe if you edit and update them from time to time.

4. 'Payment and Billings Info'
Just below that, you can also update 'Payment and Billings Info'which links to the Credit/Debit card that is used to pay the subscription fee to Netflix.

5. 'Redeem Gift Cards'
You can then below that 'Redeem Gift Cards' from others or just buy gift cards for friends or family.

6. 'Plan Details' Section
Under the 'Plan Details' section, you can 'Change Your Plan' to select to your needs of viewing activity. You can either upgrade or degrade your membership account.

7. 'Settings' Section
Under the 'Settings' column there is 'Communication Settings' that takes care of conversations between you and Netflix through emails or text messages. Under 'Parental Controls' you can limit a single user’s Account usage as per your requirement. Test Previews is the beta testing feature of Netflix where you can get new features earlier than normal users.

8. 'My Profile' Section
In the 'My Profile' section you can change your preferences like 'Language, Subtitle Appearance' and 'Playback Settings'. These revolve around your entire experience in viewing content on Netflix.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Streaming Video & TVs 8
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 8
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1