A neat thing about manufacturing televisions as well as smartphones is that you can build in compatibility between both. That’s exactly what Samsung has done with their Smart TVs and the Galaxy S7. Did you know you can directly connect your S7 to a Samsung TV and stream to it? If you want to know how to connect to your Samsung TV with Bluetooth on your Galaxy S7, read on!
You will need a Samsung TV manufactured during or after 2015 and that has Bluetooth Low Energy support. You will also obviously need a Samsung Galaxy S7 to make it all work.
Connect a Galaxy S7 to your Samsung TV with Bluetooth
Samsung have made it simple to connect two of their devices together and get them working. All you need to prepare is to switch the TV on and have your S7 within a few feet of it, within Bluetooth range.
1. Turn on Bluetooth on your S7.
2. Open the notification pane on your handset.
3. Select Quick Connect and then Scan for nearby devices.
4. Wait for it to find the TV and select it once it does.
5. Select Register TV.
6. Tap the new icon with a TV and an arrow.
7. Your phone screen should now appear on the TV.
8. Tap the Share button and then Smart View to play any media you play on your phone on the TV.
If you don’t have a Samsung TV, there are other options such as Miracast and Chromecast. Check for those elsewhere in Toms Guide.