The Samsung Galaxy S7 screen is excellent but there are times when it’s nice not to have to stare at a tiny display. Fortunately, Samsung are way ahead of you and have included the ability to display content from a Samsung Galaxy S7 on a television. Here’s how to do it.
1. Enable Wi-Fi on both the TV and handset.
2. Access the Quick Settings panel by swiping down on the S7 home screen.
3. Select Smart View.
4. Wait for your TV to appear in the list then select it.
5. Your TV and phone should now pair up. Follow the instruction that appear on your TV screen to complete the connection.
If you have a new Samsung Smart TV with Bluetooth Low Energy support, you can connect the phone directly to it.
1. Enable Bluetooth on both the TV and handset.
2. Select Quick Connect and select Scan for devices.
3. Select the TV from the list when it appears and Register TV.
4. Select the TV icon when it appears.
5. You should now be able to mirror the TV screen with that of your phone.
Galaxy S7 Sharing menu
Once your phone and TV are paired, you can also quickly share content using the S7 Sharing menu.
1. Open the content you want to share on your Galaxy S7.
2. Select Share on the bottom of the screen.
3. Select Smart View at the bottom of the next screen.
4. Your content should display on the TV.
You can also use Miracast and Chromecast to display content from a Samsung Galaxy S7 on a television but I think Wi-Fi is simpler. You might also notice a lack of hard wired option. That’s because Samsung dropped MHL connection compatibility from the Galaxy.