1. Opening your browser- Open your web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Firefox for Android, Opera) and type eff.org/https-everywhere in the address bar.
2. Installing- Your browser will be recognized and you will see an Install button to click. Click Install.
3. Adding- You will see a drop-down menu to confirm the adding of the extension to Chrome. Click Add. It is automatically enabled by Chrome when you install the extension.
1. Opening Firefox- Open the Firefox web browser and type www.eff.org/https-everywhere in the address bar.
2. Installing- You will see a button marked Install. Click Install.
3. Allowing- A pop up will ask to Allow this extension to be added. Click Allow.
4. Restarting- Restart Firefox to finish the installation. HTTPS Everywhere is now enabled.
5. Reminders- HTTPS isn’t recognized or accepted all over the web, so regardless of the browser being used, you may experience some trouble with certain sites when you visit them with this enabled.