How to fix the most common Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 problems

7xoecpX.png

It is still early days for the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, but in my brief time with the laptop, a couple of issues did arise. I have also talked to other owners who have had other issues and put together this quick guide showing you how to fix the most common Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 problems.

If you read my previous guide on fixing Dell XPS 13 common issues, you will already have an idea of what to look for. In this updated version for the newer Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, I won’t repeat myself but I will describe a couple of common issues so far. They are, Wi-Fi and USB power and drivers and Bluetooth.

Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 and Wi-Fi

In the previous version of the Dell XPS 13, the Wi-Fi card and the USB-C port shared a voltage connector. This caused issues when wireless was on and you wanted to connect something that uses USB-C. The theory was that the connector couldn’t supply enough voltage to both at once and caused problems. A buddy of mine has had the same issue on his new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 too.

1. Right click the Windows Start button and select Device Manager.
2. Select Network adapters and right click the Wi-Fi card.
3. Select Properties and Advanced.
4. Find Power in the left pane and reduce it to 75%.

While I cannot confirm that this is the same issue that was experienced by older versions, this fix has worked for my buddy so it is entirely possible that it is.

Driver inconsistencies with the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1
Issues with drivers aren’t uncommon on any computer and the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is no exception. Particularly, network, Bluetooth and audio drivers seem to be causing a range of issues.
Fortunately, they are easy to fix.
sIvPrFP.png

1. You can either go to the Dell Drivers and Downloads website and use the Detect Product feature or download them manually. Your choice.
2. Enter your Service Tag into the box if you like, or manually navigate to the latest drivers for your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1.
3. Update audio, chipset, network including Bluetooth and Serial ATA. Others are optional but while you’re there you may as well update everything.
4. Install all drivers using the executables.
5. Perform a full Windows Update while you’re there too.
6. Reboot your laptop.

After updating all drivers, the driver and the Bluetooth issues should both be fixed.
Have you had any issues with your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1? Tell us about it and we can see if we can help.