Many lucky people who ordered a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge also received a free Gear VR headset as part of the bundle. This is an amazing package as not only do you get one of the most advanced handsets out there, you also get one of the most exciting gaming rigs of the moment. If you want to set up Gear VR on a Galaxy S7, here’s how.
The Gear VR is different from other VR offerings as it uses the power of the Galaxy S7 to drive it. As many S7 buyers got it free, the Gear VR is the idea introduction into virtual reality.
Setting up Gear VR with the Galaxy S7
Samsung put a lot of work into making the transition between cellphone and VR driver as seamless as possible. It can switch from one to the other in less than a minute.
1. Unlock the screen on your Galaxy S7.
2. Place the handset into the micro USB slot on the front of the Gear VR headset.
3. Put on the Gear VR headset and install the Oculus app as directed.
4. Take off the Gear VR headset and disconnect the S7.
5. Use the Oculus app to find games, movies or content to use with the Gear VR.
6. Reconnect the phone to the Gear VR and follow the tutorials that follow.
Once you have followed the tutorials, you should be able to access the Oculus app, menus and content from within the headset. That’s all there is to setting up the Gear VR on a Galaxy S7!