The mark of a good photographer is always being ready. Since most of us now rely on our smartphones to take pictures rather than carrying around a digital camera, we need that phone to react fast and always be ready. Even with the latest handsets and the fastest fingers, that isn’t always the case. Fortunately, Samsung were listening and gave us Quick launch. Here’s how to turn on the Quick Launch camera on the Samsung Galaxy S7.
Quick launch should be enabled by default but isn’t always. First let’s check.
1. Navigate to Apps and Camera.
2. Select the gear icon at the top of the screen.
3. Enable Quick launch with the slider.
Camera quick launch on the Galaxy S7
Once enabled, you should be able to quick launch the camera as you need it. You can do this from the lock screen or from the home screen.
• From the lock screen, tap and swipe the camera icon found on the bottom right of the screen. This should open the camera.
• From the home screen, double tap the Home key and the camera should open. This double tap method should also work from any screen or while the lock screen is enabled.
• The camera app itself is also usually on the home screen depending on how you have it configured. With quick launch enabled, tapping the camera icon from within the home screen will also allow fast access to the app.
You can also enable camera modes from the app or home screen but unless you’re a pro photographer, we find little utility in doing it. Best to keep things simple and be able to access a fully working camera while the action is still happening.