With Google Drive, you can create and store documents online rather than on your hard drive, which makes all files on Google Drive portable and accessible from any computer. Documents can be created via Google Drive or uploaded from your computer. To learn how to upload documents to Google Drive, just follow these few simple steps.
1. Browser- Open your web browser of choice and type in google.com or gmail.com.
2. Logging in- Using your ID and password, Log in to Google or Gmail.
3. Drive- After you have logged in, you will see a few icons to the right, including your name, a grid of 9 squares, a bell, a + sign inside a box, and your profile picture. Click on the grid of 9 squares. This shows Apps options.
4. Apps- You will see a drop down list of Google Apps you can select. Click on Drive. The icon looks almost like a recycling triangle with yellow, blue, and green coloring.
5. Main menu- You are now on the Drive main menu. On the left, you will see a button saying Create and an arrow pointing upward. Click this arrow.
6. Options- You will now select either File or Folder and click it.
7. Selection- You will see your documents pop up. Click the chosen document, then click Open. The file is now uploaded to Google Drive.