This is also one of the quests where you will hunt and kill a monster. This time, you will be hunting down a Great Jagra that is a bigger beast with some aggressiveness to it. If you want to complete the quest successfully, follow the guide below:
The quest will automatically start when you end the quest Kestodon Kerfuffle. At the end of that quest, your Field Team Leader will bring your attention to a Great Jagra and that will trigger this quest. The quest requires you to hunt down the Great Jagra. Once completed, it will give you a reward of 1200z and the condition of failure include the running out of time or getting fainted three times. Also, the time period of the quest will not be the usual 50 minutes as it will start right after the Kestodon Kerfuffle quest so you will get the time that remains after that quest. You will also not get a second set of supplies as well. But, if you want, you can return to the camp, pick up the supplies and start the quest again. If you don’t go back to Astera then make sure to sharpen your weapon with the help of whetstone. Now everything is out of the way, complete the quest:
1. The starting location of the quest will depend on how you approach this quest. If you are continuing from the quest A Kestodon Kerfuffle then search for the signs of the Jagra north of the beach where you fought with the group of Kestodns.
2. And if you returned to the camp then head to north from south-west camp to discover the tracks along western edge of river-crossed lowlands. Once you are on the right track, investigate the track to get research points which will be shown along the progress bar on the right side of the screen.
3. The lairs of the Great Jagras is in AREA 2 which you can reach by going north from the AREA 3 or AREA 1. Also keep in mind that the beast usually loops his way from AREA 2 through the AREA 1 and the AREA 3, counter-clockwise.
4. Once you have encountered the Jagra you just need to slay him to complete the quest. One thing that you should consider to make the fight easier is to go to the AREA 1 as it is relatively open so it will be easier for you to harvest vitality plants to get healed quickly.
5. When you are fighting the Jagra, try to hit him in the head and the stomach as they are vulnerable from there. Once you have defeated the Great Jagra, carve him and the quest will end.
The quest is somewhat difficult comparing to the previous ones but you will have a lot of fun in tracking and hunting the great Jagra. Also, if the Great Jagra retreats to its lair, you will then face much lesser Jagras that will allow you to get on track and heal yourself.