Connectivity issues are the core problem of users
experiencing Error 1011 on android devices. Even with different hardware types,
the two fixes below still cover the majority of brands.
Check The Internet Connection
Oddities in the current internet connection will cause Error
1011 in android devices. This is also a great way to check if the device is
dipping in and out of 4g instead of fully utilizing the internet connection.
Due to the differences in android devices, the below steps use the most conventional
way to access wireless settings across multiple versions of the Android
1. Open The Netflix app and select the menu icon.
2. From there choose About. Then go to the Diagnostics
section and select Network.
3. Start the test. If the test is successful then try the
Netflix app again.
Switch Wi-Fi Networks
If you access to more than one wireless network, then this
is a proven way to get Netflix working again. Make sure to do the switch only
when the device isn’t syncing or downloading any app data.
1. Press the Home button for your current android device.
2. Choose Apps from the main screen and then navigate to the
3. Select Wi-Fi and wait while the list populates.
4. Choose a different network than the current one and wait
for it to connect.
5. Press the home button again to go back to the main
6. Select the Netflix app and it should now stream without