Connectivity issues with Netflix fall under error code 1012 if you’re using an Apple device. There are multiple ways to tackle this issue, so you can choose the most comfortable method. And since the Apple ecosystem is similar across multiple OS’s, the fixes below should be equal in compatibility.
Reset The App
Outdated information that’s still stored within the app needs to be deleted. The best way to accomplish that task is by resetting the Netflix app. It takes a few seconds, but is well worth it for the errors it removes.
1. Select “Settings” on your home screen.
2. Locate the Netflix app in your settings.
3. If the “Reset” is toggled to off, turn it on.
4. Return to the home screen by pressing the “Home” button.
5. Press the home button twice and swipe from that point until you locate the Netflix app.
6. Once you find the Netflix app, swipe up to close the current session.
7. Press the “Home” button twice to get back to the starting point.
8. Error 1012 should be removed and Netflix will connect.
Turn Off The Device
Restarts are always a good option when an app is not working like it is supposed to. Restarting is the same as shutting down, and automates the switching on process.
1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the device.
2. Follow the instructions for dragging the slider to turn it off.
3. When the device goes black, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it on.
4. Try Netflix again to see if the error is removed!