Review ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ review: Foul-mouthed, gory fun that isn't quite the MCU's savior

Jul 25, 2024
The point of every Deadpool movie is to just make people have a good time and laugh with some 4th wall jokes, fun action and some surprising cameos...and in that note, this movie absolutely delivers. It was everything I wanted it to be. Why would I ever expect a single Deadpool movie to be responsible for not only reviving an entire franchise but also introducing the entire Fox franchise all in one movie? That's not fair and just not coherent to what a Deadpool movie is. Stop overthinking, be a little more realistic when it comes to creating expectations and just watch the movie for it really is and always was : having fun. Deadpool and Wolverine, in my opinion, delivered what Marvel needed the most, which is, fans going to the movies and just having fun again. Was the story perfect? Far from it. Did anyone ever go to watch Deadpool movie for it's impressive story and depth? Probably not..but was it fun enough to get me excited for Marvel again? Heck yes! Can't wait to watch again.

Reactions: COLGeek
Aug 10, 2024
I dont understand why the bar for movies is set so low that It just needs to be "fun" (which in my opinion it isn't even that) and not have an actual good plot/writing/character development to be good even if it was intended to be like that, you can still make an incredible movie with all those traits with fan service, references and so on and so forth, a prime example is across the spiderverse. I do respect people for sometimes just wanting a fun movie sometimes but I have to draw the line when this makes 1 billion dollars and actual masterpieces like furiosa make barley over 50 million, it really irritates me and I just can't overlook that fact when judging it