Tom's Guide Headphone and Home Audio Thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D

Deleted member 217926

The T60s are nice. The wood looks great. I'm definitely a Foxtex fan! At least of their biodynamic drivers. Haven't heard the planars yet.

-HH-

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
Though hard to drive, they're amazing, They kind of remind me of the Sony MDRA-1's, except a bit more punchy and sharp (a good sharp) all around, the T50's are crisper sounding and the T60's are a bit more relaxed, personal preference is the T60.

D

Deleted member 217926

I started with those stupid M1060s. Then the Argon Mk 3s. Now with the Argons having a 12 week lead time I'm looking at the DT1990 Pro, Audeze LCD2 Classic and Focal Elear. Need. More. Money. :lol:

So tempted to get the LCD2 Classics but I just saw they were supposed to be a Massdop collaboration at $599 and Audeze backed out on it and decided to keep them. At $800 they're right at the top of my budget with the Focals.

Yeldur

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
After making a thread asking about a new set of headphones as my old pair broke I was recommended the Philips Fidelio X2's by anort3, he asked me to makes a post here in a review of sorts!

Overall my review is very positive, the clarity of audio is wonderful, the bass punchy and everything about it looks and feels high quality, compared to my previous headset this one is a lot better overall. Originally I was worried about not having a built in microphone but then he advised me to use the ModMic's which I have now as well and the audio from the mic is clear and crisp as well, unlike a lot of gaming headsets which tend to be quite poor. In a gaming type setup they work fantastically as well, I can hear very clearly where my enemies are which help for those intense 1v1 sessions in Rainbow Six Siege.

If anyone is looking for a very nice pair of headphones I highly recommend the Fidelio X2's, you can't go wrong!

Thanks once again dude, your help is much appreciated and I'm more than happy!

D

Deleted member 217926

Awesome man! Glad you like them and they're working out for you. I appreciate you coming back with the review. :)

D

Deleted member 217926

Just bought a lightly used Focal Elear for a great price. Fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 217926

In a word....glorious.

ciyteKB.jpg

ZC2SDXF.jpg

Just made my HD600s and HD650s redundant. Still not as good as my Ebony Fostex for EDM and other bass heavy stuff but man the tonality on the Elear is just beautiful. 10/10

Oct 18, 2018
I had to edit that quote sorry. It took up half the page.

hi,am new here,really like the picture your are sharing.It's humble that you says you are not a audiophile.:lol:Just sometime find when wearing headphone for about 1 hour,ear hurts.Would be great if anyone can give some idea about portable outdoor speaker

D

Deleted member 217926

I have no idea what portable outdoor speaker to recommend. Something like a JBL Boom 3 maybe?

Nov 9, 2018
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_compo...

This one entices me. I would go for it in this season.