€/$1500 Laptop for video editing not gaming.

Keepmeinthesky

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

Could you please suggest the best laptop for video editing and Adobe package use. I don't want anything bigger than 15".

Another consideration would be an internally upgradable laptop if possible, but not necessary, just want it to good enough for the next 4 years or so with technology and software advances.

My budget is around €1500.

I'm close to buying the ASUS Zenbook Pro UX501VW but just wanted to see if there were any better options?

I have no interest in gaming just looking for a machine focused on video editing and photoshop etc although I imagine the spec requirements will be similar.

Thanks!

PS. Please hurry as Black Friday and Cyber Monday are nigh!!!

Solution
Here's a 13.3" HP Spectre Pro x360 at €1,500 from Amazon DE:

https://www.amazon.de/HP-H9W43EA-Convertible-Bildschirm-Touchscreen/dp/B00U8IWVJC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1480167756&sr=1-1

I don't know where you live, so you may have to fine-tune the search to reflect your preferred retailer. The HP is noticeably smaller than the ASUS, but comes with a better display (4K-touch).

As for the future, you need to check with the manufacturers of the software that you use (Adobe etc.). In terms of hardware, both laptops are likely to stay with you for several years: If you need more storage a few years from now, you can buy an external HDD. They both have display ports, with the ASUS edging ahead with a Thunderbolt port.

Given your...
Here's a 13.3" HP Spectre Pro x360 at €1,500 from Amazon DE:

https://www.amazon.de/HP-H9W43EA-Convertible-Bildschirm-Touchscreen/dp/B00U8IWVJC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1480167756&sr=1-1

I don't know where you live, so you may have to fine-tune the search to reflect your preferred retailer. The HP is noticeably smaller than the ASUS, but comes with a better display (4K-touch).

As for the future, you need to check with the manufacturers of the software that you use (Adobe etc.). In terms of hardware, both laptops are likely to stay with you for several years: If you need more storage a few years from now, you can buy an external HDD. They both have display ports, with the ASUS edging ahead with a Thunderbolt port.

Given your details, I'd say that your biggest concern will be if/when Adobe decides to add more CPU/GPU-intensive features to PhotoShop.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution