1 Million Apple Watch Orders Already Beats Android Wear

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
While, not an Apple fan at all, of all the watches on the market, the Apple watch is probably the one I would like to own from the way its designed and the interface was smart....

The pebble is ugly. If they could clean up the look of the pebble and put a better interface on it, I would go that route.

none12345

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
Don't use edevices when driving. Smart watch included. It might not be as bad as texting on a phone, would definitely be worse texting on a watch.

Can you imagine someone trying to fiddle with their dial on the side of the watch, while holding the other hand in a position on the wheel that allows them to see the screen. Talk about an accident waiting to happen. Even if you don't touch the dial, and only look at it passively, you are still engaging in a process where you must remove your had from the wheel to twist your wrist to see the screen(unless you put the watch on upside down, then you could twist your wrist without removing your hand. Then take your eyes off the road long enough to read your text/twitterfeed/whatever.

This has nothing to do with apple, its true of all smart watches, or any other device. Its distracted driving to interact with them, no matter how you try to justify that one thing is less distracting then another. Its still very wrong to use these devices while driving. People are dieing every day because of people who cant put down their ecrap when they are driving. Really, you'll survive until you get to your destination, you don't have to check your twitter/facebook/email every 5 seconds while driving.

No matter how good you think you are you are NOT, it only takes a few tenths of a second to kill someone, and thats hwo long you will be looking at your edevice minimum. Turn the self centered portion of your brain off while driving, and just think about the families you will potentially destroy because you couldnt keep your eyes on the road.

cupholder

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
So many sheep on one side. So many butthurt poor people on the other.
These are the same babies that cry about how great AMD is(It's not.) despite all evidence that their ship has long since sailed.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
The products aren't (always) bad, it's just most are overpriced. As someone who uses and enjoys Apple products, I will admit that.

I dont mind paying for something that works well over a cheaper product thats half baked.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
When will the iSheep ever learn? The Apple Watch is the most useless thing Apple ever made. Even the iPad actually has some uses in some certain scenarios. This is just for bling and nothing else. If you want bling, just get a traditional self winding mechanical watch that you never have to upgrade.

Every company in the World would sell its soul to have Apple's consumer base. Troll all you want but thats a fact. Perhaps you are just too old to get it but I do get some devices are not for every one.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Kudos to Apple. If nothing else, they know how to make successful smart products now. For me though, a watch is honestly less function than it is a fashion accessory and I'm not particularly keen on the way it looks. I'll keep on wearing the same chronograph until something changes.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Apple will make a wider screen version of it in like a year or two and sell it for 2-3 times the price and they are all ready atrociously overpriced, but that's price you pay for trying to look like a trendy prick.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I'd rather wear a Macho Man Randy Savage Power Glove at least I'd look cool and have the Nintendo Advantage to close line any Apple fan boys wearing those garbage watches! *OHHHH YEAHHHHH*

QSV

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
No wonder I am so bad with stocks. I always expect a certain base-intelligence from people, Apple customers obviously lack.

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
I use mine a lot whilst in meetings or driving etc.....Whilst i am driving it means that i can keep upto date with emails and messages coming in without really taking my eyes of the road or having to delve about for my phone. A simple flick of the wrist and its there. On top of that i can just talk to the watch whilst driving and call someone without even taking a hand from the steering wheel....

Are you freaking kidding me?! I bet you would complain about people texting and driving. DO NOT use these while driving. OMG that has to be the dumbest thing I've read so far this week (yeah I know it's early) and it may take the cake for the month.
I'm sure it's real easy to read emails on this thing while driving in traffic with your hand on the wheel all wrong :)
I use mine a lot whilst in meetings or driving etc.....Whilst i am driving it means that i can keep upto date with emails and messages coming in without really taking my eyes of the road or having to delve about for my phone. A simple flick of the wrist and its there. On top of that i can just talk to the watch whilst driving and call someone without even taking a hand from the steering wheel....

Are you freaking kidding me?! I bet you would complain about people texting and driving. DO NOT use these while driving. OMG that has to be the dumbest thing I've read so far this week (yeah I know it's early) and it may take the cake for the month.

I'm sure it's real easy to read emails on this thing while driving in traffic with your hand on the wheel all wrong :)

You REALLY have the wrong idea!!!
When did i say that i read the complete email!!!
It gives me an indication that i have an email so that i know when i get to the end of my journey to read them and reply if necessary. If it seems important from the first few words of the email/text then it is time to pull over and ready it properly and respond if needed. This is no more than glancing at your radio or sat nav!!!
You guys just love to jump to conclusions here!!!! JOKERS

LiquidAMD

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
I like to believe that I fear for the world. Apple will lead it to an innocent ruin. I nearly have a phobia of the brand and every day goes in despair. I hope that someday they would move away from this aesthetics gluttony and give the world something truly ground-breaking, functional and future looking. That however, is something unlikely to happen given their current benchmark business model and symbiotic customer base and for that sad fact, they are not going anywhere- so goes the vicious circle. Elitism, opportunism, superficiality and pretension is Apple Inc. But remaining hopeful that nothing is truly permanent but some type of change, I rejoice in the belief that this very trait could lead to their eventual however fearfully slow and damaging demise.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
There are going to be many unhappy people when they actually get the watch, and discover how crappy the battery life is.

While there is some merit to the functionality of a smart watch, the hassle of managing one can easily outweigh the usefulness of the device.

The reason why many people tolerate a watch is the fact that it can accurately tell time and provide other basic functions, with the display always on, thus no extra steps to use it. Furthermore, the battery life for modern digital watches are in the order of 10-15 years, thus most people can pretty much never think about the batteries.

Smart watches can get away with a lot if they can be low maintenance enough that the user really only has to worry about the work needed to wear the watch.
The low battery life will only be acceptable if the smartwatch begins to exceed the functionality and usability of the smartphone.

Notifications are not enough. If you get so many unimportant notifications and messages that you need a device to essentially filter your use of the smartphone, then you have bigger problems.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
I must be missing something here but more expensive than the competition and it doesn't even have 24 hours of charge equals an absolute deal killer for me.

menglor

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

I will take option #3 Alex!

and

Not tell them buy or not buy anything.

xyzzy1

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
When will the iSheep ever learn? The Apple Watch is the most useless thing Apple ever made. Even the iPad actually has some uses in some certain scenarios. This is just for bling and nothing else. If you want bling, just get a traditional self winding mechanical watch that you never have to upgrade.

Hmm... me thinks the "I am an anti-sheep" illusion is strong with this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.