10 Best iGoogle Alternatives

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyJB

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Have looked at about 10 homepage sites and they all were too busy - so many gadgets and text. iGoogle wasn't just about text or graphic overload - in my opinion it was serene and clean! Have chosen BlueG.com and it seems to be the closest match.

DannyJB

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Have looked at about 10 homepage sites and they all were too busy - so many gadgets and text. iGoogle wasn't just about text or graphic overload - in my opinion it was serene and clean! Have chosen BlueG.com and it seems to be the closest match.

Marianne Mueller

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I'm interested in what widgets (content) are easily available. I can get used to any sort of design (look and feel, usability) although I have a strong preference for simple simple simple. I'm looking for widgets like slashdot, London Review of Books, BBC Headlines, Real Astrology, NOAA weather, German-English translation. Those were things that I got easily from iGoogle. They discontinued it only to force people to use Chrome which I recommend only if you want to live almost entirely in Google's cloud aka surveillance. Seriously I am shocked by the almost complete lack of privacy or security you have once you start using Chrome.

lytriactionccc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I tough Igoogle was great, fast, everything @ a glance, sports boards espn, markets, weather, and world politics. I haven't seen anything that even comes close. I'm working on building a platform that will accommodate all @ a glance.

BenKessler

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
sevego.com is also very good alternative for igoogle. It is simple, and you don't need to register yourself to use it.
It also works on mobile.

DigitalSignalX

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Could the portal panel employee's be more obvious? lol. I tried IGhome but it's very condensed and lacks a comfortable aesthetic. Yahoo and MSN both force adverts and lack RSS support. Protopage seems to have everything igoogle had so far in terms of content / RSS / and looks (with the exception of extensive themes), and the inclusive search bar is a little easier to use then the drop down searches on chrome or firefox.

louie121

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
You could also check out http://www.mynostos.com. It's very similar to iGoogle, and it's blazing fast and easy to use.

Maredy Glines

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
You should check out www.hchoo.comIt is worldwide... You can search on any search engine with 1 click...just type what you want and click on the logo of the engine you want to search it in... After you join the site for free...you can see the most popular site worldwide by category. You can also edit those sites or customize it however you want. Make your own categories, add your own links so you don't have to dig into a site to get to where you want...It is very customizable and clean... Those who previously used iGoogle or other pages as homepage are going to www.hchoo.comHighly recommend it! :)

CENTPAGE

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Hi. I found these igoogle alternatives quite useful. However i use and recommend a site called centpage.com to everyone. Use it as an internet startpage or homepage. It has all the best websites organized into different categories which you can even customize. I'm sure you'll like it. Trust me, you'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.