10 Most Beautiful Cameras of CES 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

twanto

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2002
That's hilarious because this is not even a picture of the real D4, it's a picture of some fake. Great journalism there, Tom's- you couldn't even grab a real picture from Nikon's website.

twanto

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2002
Seriously. You can even tell without knowing what the D4 even looks like, by that terrible photoshopped LCD on the top of the flash mount. Ridiculous.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Yeah, not really sure whats up with that LCD..I mean, it is a Nikon D4, but with a little LCD screen added to it. weird...maybe this was just the specific model they had at the CES?

for the rest of cameras..I see many that catch my eye. Samsung with wifi, the polaroids, the IP cameras would be cool to have, and that Lytro just sounds and looks crazy!

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
I've changed the image on the Nikon D4 page but that original one is direct from Nikon. I agree that the LCD looked strange and I'll try to figure out where it came from.

twanto

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2002
You could also tell it wasn't anything close to a D4 by the focus selector dial below the lens. The D4 has the new style, like the D7000, with two options and a button in the middle of it.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I still want a camera that you can actually put in your pocket without the LCD screen cracking. Maybe the Polaroid will do that since it uses tablet technology. The other cameras are useless to me.

heezdeadjim

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
GE making a camera? That is so laughable! GE is synonymous with "cheap quality" when it comes to home electronics (DVD players, boomboxes). Odd thing is, GE makes some serious medical equipment, so obviously they know how to make "mission critical" life-saving stuff...

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The Lytro looks like an interesting cam, post shot focusing would be great as long as it supported the ability to control "shutter speed" and "aperture".

I think the one slide from this that will stick with me though is the GE one. I did not know GE made cameras. That was definitely my surprise for the day. Would not buy one, but still got a laugh out of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.