10 Reasons I Spent $3,000 on a MacBook Pro

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was blown away by how solid the new Macbooks feel. Everything else I see now looks and feels like a cheap plastic piece of junk born out of designed obsolescence. I have to admit the 17" MacBook is way more than I'm willing to pay. I wouldn't carry $3,000 in cash around with me, let alone flash it around. I just can't justify spending so much. I would cover mine in stickers to play down it's sexiness...part of what you are paying for. I also want 8gb of ram, and this option on the 17" MacBook Pro is just ridiculously expensive. I also like to dock my laptop and use multiple monitors when I get home...not that you couldn't do this on the 17" Macbook pro with some 3rd party magic widget, but it is less justification for a 17" monitor for me. I say, if you live on a laptop, and love all the features, live somewhere where flashing $3000 around won't get clobbered over the head, and don't want an affordable 8gb option, I say go for it!

durdenet

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
great article! I am a Windows Pc power user (and in general I'm against apple products). But your article made GREAT points in favour of the Macbook pro. I have always seen the superior built and attention to details of other's people macbooks, and now you summarize them in a concise article.
Systems with similar features have a similar price (I actually spent a bit more for my HP a few months ago) but dont come even CLOSE to the build quality and assistance of a Mac. For my next laptop I will seriously consider it. thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS