10B Android Market Downloads Celebrated With $0.10 Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Minecraft for $0.10? That's going to sell. A lot.[/citation]
Pity its a bit of a dog, especially compared to the desktop version.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Apple's apps are far better, one of the reasons I went from a life-long hatred of Apple (which was fairly biased, it turns out) and owning an Android, to wanting a phone that didn't have lag on the UI screen and actually had apps, and now owning an IP4 and an iPad 2.

Man, not having fragmentation and laggy phones is great! :)

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Douglas, with all do respect. When I read the title of the article. I really wasnt thinking anything about Apple.. My first thought was "woot, 10 cent apps for my android".. Then I read the article and you had to add Apple in there at the end.. Stop being an Apple fanboy. And dont back to me with "giving comparisons" crap.. Because if that were true, you would have added those from Blackberry appworld, Nokia ect.....

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I purchased everything on that sale page. :D
Just because it was cheap, I'm using the Swift Keyboard now haha. :D

I won't be using all of the apps though.. And I got a strange low memory error when installing Asphalt 6, even though it has 10GB left on internal SD and 1.5GB left on internal memory. :\

I don't have an external SD in my Galaxy S, maybe my Iconia A500 will work with it I don't know lol.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]godzilla23490[/nom]Get the hell out isheep Troller ![/citation]

Yes, I'm an isheep for purchasing two class-leading products. Buying something makes you a sheep, totally, 100% behind that idea.

And I'm a troller because I post one comment which is highly relevant to the OP article, yet when an Android user goes out of their way to post on an Apple article and crap on Apple, they are up-voted, and not at all a troller.

koolkat574

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
[citation][nom]tuffjuff[/nom]Apple's apps are far better, one of the reasons I went from a life-long hatred of Apple (which was fairly biased, it turns out) and owning an Android, to wanting a phone that didn't have lag on the UI screen and actually had apps, and now owning an IP4 and an iPad 2.Man, not having fragmentation and laggy phones is great![/citation]

I have a Galaxy S II and it doesn't lag at all...

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]koolkat574[/nom]I have a Galaxy S II and it doesn't lag at all...[/citation]

Good to hear!

We had Verizon and before we moved (and lost all reception for them) tried three Android phones, ranging from $100-150 OC (this was nearly two years ago), all had lag. We then switched to Sprint, went through five or six (I forget) phones, including a Galaxy S (1) phone. Each phone had this same issue, however I will say the Galaxy S phone was the best of the bunch, and easily the phone (S2 now, obviously) I'd buy if I were to go back to Android.

During the 9 months or so we went through Android phones, the common theme of UI and app lag (go to Best Buy and play with pretty much any Android tablet, and if they let you, phone, and see what I mean) and an overall inferior app/game selection on Android, so I decided to go with Apple. I've been messing with computer hardware since 1998 (I was 13) and have always had disdain for Apple, and while I'd probably never buy one of their computers (although I wouldn't recommend against it - it depends what it's going to be used for), every single aspect of the iPhone 4 I've had for a little over a year now has been better than any Android phone I've used.

PC guys will bash Apple because it's the cool thing to do, primarily, but also because "you can't modify Apple software" (you can through jailbreaking, which I don't do, but whatever), or because they REALLY want to buy a phone and have the ability for some reason to hook it up to an HDMI port. That's fine, I respect that Android has some expandibility options that iOS doesn't, nobody's arguing that.

Really, it doesn't matter what I say, because I purchased one (and subsequently a second, although you really don't have ANY valid competition for the iPad 2, so that's irrelevant) Apple product, I am a follower of Apple, buy every single thing they sell, sit around like a silly d-bag and in general are a moron.

That's what people who own Apple products are, apparently. ;-)

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I purchased everything on that sale page. Just because it was cheap, I'm using the Swift Keyboard now haha. I won't be using all of the apps though.. And I got a strange low memory error when installing Asphalt 6, even though it has 10GB left on internal SD and 1.5GB left on internal memory. :\I don't have an external SD in my Galaxy S, maybe my Iconia A500 will work with it I don't know lol.[/citation]

My friend's LG Momentus keeps getting that to, even after a factory reset and wipe of the programs installed. Nobody knows why. =\

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]tuffjuff[/nom]Apple's apps are far better, one of the reasons I went from a life-long hatred of Apple (which was fairly biased, it turns out) and owning an Android, to wanting a phone that didn't have lag on the UI screen and actually had apps, and now owning an IP4 and an iPad 2.Man, not having fragmentation and laggy phones is great![/citation]
You clearly do not have many pictures then. Memory management on the iPhone is the worst piece of crap on the face of the memory management world.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]zulutech[/nom]You clearly do not have many pictures then. Memory management on the iPhone is the worst piece of crap on the face of the memory management world.[/citation]

I completely agree. I was appaled when helping my fiance's grandmother try and sort her pictures on her iPad 2 to learn that you need to download a seperate app to DELETE pictures on your iOS device. She ended up having to pay for the app. That's pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.